As you might know, Amazon is a retail force to be reckoned with. While they cater to millions of people a year, most of the products customers buy are regular stock products, made in factories with no customizable options.
With the rising popularity of handmade items and the rise of Etsy as a sales platform, Amazon has expanded on to the handmade sector in order to stop losing any more market share to Etsy. If you are selling a product through Etsy, eBay, or a custom website, now you can also sell those customized one-of-a-kind products on Amazon!
What are Amazon Custom and Amazon Handmade? And how can Nventree help with fulfilling these orders?
Amazon custom allows you to sell customized products online. With this platform, your customer can upload images, text or graphics to your store. Then you can use that information and customize the products you sell for them. This means that you have more options to meet the needs of your customers.
How can you customize your products?
- Print specific images, text, or graphics on shirts, T-shirts, and other clothing articles.
- Engrave jewelry or trophies or number plates.
- Embroider your company’s logo on promotional shirts, aprons, jackets, gym bags or other fabrics.
- Create unique party supplies to celebrate various events.
When using Amazon Custom, you get the ability to reach a new audience of Amazon customers, while giving the personal touches that you find in a brick-and-mortar gift shop.
How can you start selling on Amazon Custom?
- First, you need to register your business with Amazon Custom, which requires a professional seller account
- Then you will have to enable the products you want to be customizable.
- Use the tools in Seller Central to design and arrange your products and offerings
- Sell and ship your products using various partners to make the process easier.
It doesn’t stop with premade custom products, Amazon will also offer you a unique storefront for your handmade products.
Using the internet to sell products online is a great opportunity for individuals and companies to market their products worldwide. This is a great boost for artisans, by offering them a large audience to market their products to. While Amazon Custom allows for customizations like monogramming T-shirts or printing images on various items, Amazon Handmade allows artisans to sell items they craft themselves.
One of the requirements of open a store in this category is that the seller is an artisan. In other words, you can only sell handcrafted products on this platform. This protects the craft and integrity of handmade products.
Amazon Handmade offers a lot of different categories that allow you to find the best fit for your creations, and this includes:
- Art – such as pottery and paintings
- Handbags – shoes and clothing
- Jewelry and watches
- Toys and games
- Personal care products such as facial scrubs and makeup
- Sporting Goods
- Pet Supplies
- Any products you create, build or make yourself
How can you start selling on Amazon Handmade?
In order to start selling one-of-a-kind products on Amazon Handmade, you need to do the following steps:
- First, you need to apply to become an official artisan based on the criteria established by Amazon
- Then you need to complete the process to open a seller account which allows you to sell your unique items on Amazon
- List your products in your store
- Sell and Ship your products using different programs that can help you leverage your business and boost your sales.
One great solution that can help you focus more on the creation of products and less on the shipping bit is Nventree.
Nventree– A solution for Amazon Custom and Amazon Handmade
When importing orders from your Amazon Custom and Amazon Handmade, Nventree users want to have unique information available in the order details to customize their one-of-a-kind products – these details are imported into Nventree automatically. Since this is possible, Nventree users no longer have to manually copy-paste this information into JSI. These orders get to be treated like any other Amazon order.
Nventree downloads your Amazon Custom and Amazon handmade orders by default, and you can find all of the customization information in the orders, or you can print them out on the packing slips, right next to the customer’s name and address.
With this feature, you can have all the benefits of Nventree, from bulk dispatching across all of your selling platforms, to automated stock control – that helps you keep track of your custom products across all of your selling platforms.